About me

Η φωτογραφία μου
Zodiac Sign:capricorn.Well pretty much that says it all:logical,humorous,responsible,organised(?),dictatorical,pessimist,ambitious,fire under the ice, etc.If you asked me, till astrologists decide about my crazy sign, i'd say a daydreamer.

Τρίτη 23 Μαρτίου 2010

Fashion = Art = Provocation (?)


Catching up the news of 7 AXDW from fashion blogs these days and my eye caught this:Ioannis Guia , collection inspired by the greek orthodox easter.

The photo belongs to the blog:Fashion Architect
Clothes inspired by orthodox priests(more than fine by me), music background: orthodox hymns(mmm....???)
To start with , i am not an extremely religious person.On the contrary i often find myself not being a religious person at all..
I dont know if the designer's aim was to provoke since it fits the whole orthodox-easter "package"-show.
But music with such heavy emotional content can be very tricky or (according to me) may even destroy a show. Maybe if this was to take place in another European country and the music was Ave Maria (or sth like that) you think it might have the same impact? Who knows??
All in all let's face it: ART is meant to be FREE , but when it touches sensitive fields such as religion, it can be very controversial.

0 σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου